Richardson Out

Bill Richardson won't be commerce secretary, citing the investigation going on into business dealings between New Mexico and a company with ties to him. I'm sure the media vultures will jump all over this, oh well.

Obama statement:

It is with deep regret that I accept Governor Bill Richardson's
decision to withdraw his name for nomination as the next Secretary of
Commerce.Governor Richardson is an outstanding public servant and
would have brought to the job of Commerce Secretary and our economic
team great insights accumulated through an extraordinary career in
federal and state office. It is a measure of his willingness to put
the nation first that he has removed himself as a candidate for the
Cabinet in order to avoid any delay in filling this important economic
post at this critical time. Although we must move quickly to fill the
void left by Governor Richardson's decision, I look forward to his
future service to our country and in my administration.