Obama Sworn In - America Has a New President

By Ben Cohen

Obama's speech was another winner, and importantly set a very different tone from the Bush Administration's. Some of the most telling quotes:

- "Our time of standing pat, of protecting narrow interests and
putting off unpleasant decisions — that time has surely passed."

"Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and begin the work of remaking America."

- "To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect."

- "To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow
conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West - know that your
people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy."

those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the
silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history,
but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your
fist."