My Mom On The Obama Inauguration

As I noted on Twitter, the whole AT&T cell network on the Capitol lawn bit the big one during the Inauguration, and my mom was trying to call me to share the moment. But she did leave a voicemail from Jamaica. I know I'm prejudiced - it's my mom, after all - but the emotion of the moment is pretty clear here. Take a listen:

[audio:http://www.oliverwillis.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/momobamavmail.mp3]
MP3 link

My mom turns 58 this March, and while she lived in Jamaica for a decent sized part of that time (she lived in America from about '73-84 then from '86-'95), think of how the country has changed in her lifetime.

Oh, and beware: my mom is going to be blogging in a month or so, and she thinks I'm basically a right-wing conservative (at least on fiscal issues).