"My Grandmother Did Not Die to Provide Cover for Israeli Soldiers Murdering Palestinian Grandmothers in Gaza"

By Ben Cohen

British Politician Gerald Kaufman, who lost much of his family in the holocaust, gave a touching speech to parliament denouncing Israeli brutality in Gaza. Kaufman said:

My grandmother did not die to provide cover for Israeli soldiers murdering Palestinian grandmothers in Gaza. The current Israeli Government ruthlessly and cynically exploit the

continuing guilt among gentiles over the slaughter of Jews in the

holocaust as justification for their murder of Palestinians. The

implication is that Jewish lives are precious, but the lives of

Palestinians do not count.

Kaufman's speech is incredibly brave and a testament to the revulsion many Jews around the world feel at the Israeli government's actions. We must speak out if this abhorrent behavior towards Palestinians is to stop. It is unjustified, racist, and wrong. As Jews, we must do better.