Another Thing

We keep getting reminded in the comments left here by conservatives and by cons in general that the Democrats now "own it". In light of the fact that we run the White House, Senate, and House, we're responsible.

DUH

That goes to the very heart of the difference between the left and the right. The right likes to campaign, and when they are successful they govern by the same simple slogans they campaign with. Then they're totally shocked when praying to Tax Cut Jesus, weakening our infrastructure, and following the foreign policy instincts of the insane leads to a mess.

By nature, liberals are wonks. We like governing. And while that traditionally has led to campaigns where we put brains ahead of heart, it also leads to people running the government with a vested interest in its performance for the citizenry.

On the right, that's called radicalism.