20 Game NFL Season?

That would be awesome. From an interview with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Q: What’s an ideal number of preseason games? 2, 3, 4? And if you trim two games, do you then add two to the regular season?

We feel that the best quality of football is a 20-game season - and we have that now with four games in the preseason, and 16 in the regular season. But, we also think you don’t need four preseason games any longer. I hear this from football people and fans, and both agree that the quality of play in the preseason is not up to NFL standards. The proposal we’re talking about is modifying things to make two of those preseason games into regular season games. We’ve heard very positive feedback from fans about that.