You Are Supposed To Care

It's supposed to be an important deal that so many newspapers are closing their Washington bureaus and cutting down on coverage of DC. But it's hard to muster up the concern when these operations were in place for the last eight years and yet the supposed watchdogs of the government let the Bush administration get away with murder. Considering that the early inclinations of the MSM with a Democratic president is to rehash the same b.s. they used versus Bill Clinton eight years ago, the less of them seems the better.

I should also note that my appreciation for the press has tanked in proportion to my exposure to the press' work since I've been at Media Matters. That's kind of sad. The more I see what they do and how badly they do it makes my stomach turn.