Why Are The New Atheists Such Douchebags?

I mean, come on. These display wars are silly but why is it the new breed of atheists feel like they need to spit in the face of everyone else?

I don't like conservative Christians pushing their God as the only God and hellfire and brimstone to those who disagree - nor do I like the new atheist idea that they should go around belittling everyone's beliefs. You don't believe in religion, great for you and that's your right. But why do they feel the need to emulate such luminaries as Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell to get this point across?

(via)