The Future Of Newspapers

By Ben Cohen

It doesn't look good for the printing profession. From Bill Boyarsky of truthdig:

As we know, the death of the American newspaper is fast approaching.

Specifically, the paper editions of newspapers are dying. Readers and
advertisers are migrating to the papers’ Web sites or to other sources
of information on the Internet, thus reducing revenue of the print
editions. One day the papers will no longer be on my driveway before
dawn, and I will be getting all the news from my computer and my iPhone

This is a huge economic dilemma for the news industry, as the print
editions, rather than the Web sites, supply most of the revenue needed
to support the newspapers’ news operations and to hire the journalists
who dig up the news and edit the stories.