The Congressional Black Caucus Continues To Demonstrate How Useless It Is

When the Congressional Black Caucus isn't working the corner for big business, protecting crooks like William Jefferson, or working against reformers like Donna Edwards, they're bitching that Barack Obama doesn't have enough blacks in his cabinet.

Seriously.

Obama has nominated four blacks for cabinet positions, including Eric Holder - likely to be the first black attorney general ever.

Oh, also...

BARACK OBAMA IS GOING TO BE THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT.

(that, in theory at least, should have been one of the major goals of a Congressional Black Caucus)

Furthermore, Obama isn't about some sort of payback for black people. He's nominated a diverse group of people in order to shake up the monochrome thinking that has dominated Washington for so long.

Jesus H. on a bike, I'm about up to here already with so-called allies throwing slings and arrows at Obama.

And he hasn't even been sworn in yet. We win the White House and it's like we don't even need the Republicans around to make life difficult.