Obama Recycling Old Garbage With Administration Picks

By Ben Cohen

I've been on a bit of an Obama high for the past couple of weeks, giving the President elect the benefit of the doubt for all of his dubious appointments. However, Matt Taibbi has just ruined it for me, bringing me crashing back to earth on the reality of 'change we can believe in':

There has been some dire news on that front already. When Obama picked

Tom Daschle to be the HHS Secretary, I nearly shit my pants. In

Washington there are whores and there are whores, and then there is Tom

Daschle. Tom Daschle would suck off a corpse for a cheeseburger. True,

he is probably only the second-biggest whore for the health care

industry in American politics — the biggest being doctor/cat-torturer

Bill Frist, whose visit to South Dakota on behalf of John Thune in 2004

was one of the factors in ending Daschle's tenure in the Senate.