Michael Moore Savages Senate On Auto Bailout

By Ben Cohen

Michael Moore expresses perfectly the giant 'F#$@k You' the Senate is sending working class America:

They could have given the loan on the condition that the automakers

start building only cars and mass transit that reduce our dependency on

oil.

They could have given the loan on the condition that the automakers build cars that reduce global warming.

They could have given the loan on the condition that the automakers
withdraw their many lawsuits against state governments in their
attempts to not comply with our environmental laws.

They could have given the loan on the condition that the management
team which drove these once-great manufacturers into the ground resign
and be replaced with a team who understands the transportation needs of
the 21st century.

Yes, they could have given the loan for any of these reasons
because, in the end, to lose our manufacturing infrastructure and throw
3 million people out of work would be a catastrophe.
But instead, the Senate said, we'll give you the loan only if the
factory workers take a $20 an hour cut in wages, pension and health
care. That's right. After giving billions to Wall Street
hucksters and criminal investment bankers -- billions with no strings
attached and, as we have since learned, no oversight whatsoever -- the
Senate decided it is more important to break a union, more important to
throw middle class wage earners into the ranks of the working poor than
to prevent the total collapse of industrial America.