Freedom to Facism in 10 Easy Steps

By Peter Bauer-

I came across this five minute video on stumbleupon.

1.  Create a terrifying internal and external enemy.
2.  Create secret prisons where torture takes place.
3.  Develop and thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.
4.  Set up an internal survalience system.
5.  Harass citizen groups.
6.  Engage in arbitrary detention and release.
7.  Target key individuals.
8.  Control the press.
9.  Declare all dissent to be treason.
10.  Suspend the rule of law.

All in all, I found this clip to be thought provoking.  I've really had a wide perspective when in comes to conspiratorial government intervention in our daily lives.  Part of me wants to believe that there is some sort of sinister master to plan to control all people everywhere, which would explain when bad things are happening all around the world.  The other part of me recognizes that the government is made up of people, and that people, by in large, are greedy, self centered, and will rat each other out when busted.  The idea that there is some elaborate, malignant, omnipresent spy web almost becomes laughable when you think about it long enough.

Am I concerned about my own personal freedom?  Absolutely!  Am I going to spend my life afraid of how others might interprete my opinions?  No chance.