CNN's Challenge To AP

CNN is planning to challenge the AP with their own news wire service. Isn't that a lot like, on the day the first Model T hit the streets, a businessman turns to the other and says "I'm going to make a better horse drawn carriage and I'll beat that automobile!" The news media is sort of in that place film was at the introduction of TV, coming up with all sorts of gimmicks like 3D and Smell-o-vision. Industries never like to acknowledge when new technology has effectively re-worked the way they do business -- and they so often react in the dumbest way possible.