Clinton Named Secretary of State

By Peter Bauer

President-Elect Barack Obama nominated former rival Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State today from his transition office in Chicago. Despite a hard fought primary seasons that some speculated would split the Democratic Party, Clinton and Obama have been able to overcome their differences and unite "to restore America's image abroad, end the war in Iraq, advance peace
and increase our security, by building a future for our children with
more partners and fewer adversaries, one of shared responsibilities and
opportunities."

The nomination came after series talks with the Clintons regarding the former President's charity Clinton Global Initiative. As part of the negotiations, the former President must:

"Disclose the names of every contributor to his foundation since its inception in 1997, submit hi schedule to review by the State Department and White House counsel, and submit any new sources of income to a similar ethical review."

Read More