Battle Already Lost

That conservatives are still arguing with themselves about whether gay people should be allowed to adopt kind of tells me that they've already lost on the question at hand. Why is there even a movement where this up for debate? Children need loving homes, and the best thing is to send them into one. There are gay couples who would be far better parents to a child needing a home than straight ones. If they're good people, what does it matter?

Then again, many conservatives don't think that people unlike them can be good people in the first place.

So, there's that. I had the tiniest glimmer of hope that this election would knock the right off their morally superior high horses, but the evidence of that has been nonexistent.