What? Sarah Palin vs. English, Round 45

by Ari Rutenberg

Sarah Palin is talking and she can't shut up. She just says shit, with no apparent thought to syntax or any other grammatical necessity. She violates the minimal standard of "make sure you can be understood by the people your talking to." And she seems to be the only one who doesn't see it. Ben Cohen and I could only laugh and say "what?" when confronted with the bloviating gibberosity that is Sarah Palin. I wonder if the words actually exist like that in her brain, or if there is some problem on the way to her mouth?

See if you can make any sense of it (from CNN via Bob Cesca):

BLITZER: Does that mean you want to come up with a new Sarah Palin initiative that you want to release right now.

PALIN: Gah! Nothing specific right now. Sitting here in these chairs
that I’m going to be proposing but in working with these governors who
again on the front lines are forced to and it’s our privileged
obligation to find solutions to the challenges facing our own states
every day being held accountable, not being just one of many just
casting votes or voting present every once in a while, we don’t get
away with that.
We have to balance budgets and we’re dealing with
multibillion dollar budgets and tens of thousands of employees in our
organizations.