Translating Sarah Palin into Morse Code

By Ben Cohen

Matt Taibbi has attempted to make sense of Sarah Palin's grammatical gibberish by translating her sentences into different languages, then back again. Here's the initial sentence:

"I don't know, because I remember the discussion about Africa, my

concern has been the atrocities there in Darfur and the relevance to me

with that issue, as we spoke about Africa and some of the countries

there that were kind of the people succumbing to the dictators and the

corruption of some collapsed governments on the continent, the

relevance was Alaska's investment in Darfur with some of our permanent

fund dollars, I wanted to make sure that that didn't happen anymore."

And Taibbi's translation work:

My favorite, though, is Palin into German and then from German into

Japanese before translating back from Japanese into English. It turns

out that if you use exclusively Axis-power languages with Palin-text

you get some interesting stuff:

"Concerning us the spoke Africa over there and several the country,

kind of people how it was you thought that I with Darfur argument on

Africa,

me the dictator submits to me

,

and there is a continent, whether or not degradation of the government

which collapses did not happen, meaning us Alaska of Darfur of

important dollar of endurance investment, longer than me would like to

inspect cruelty of interest AM and meaning in me of this expenditure,

because you make remember those there which is,

there is no I white

." (Emphasis mine)

I did a bit of translation work myself, and have discovered Sarah Palin's verbiage is in fact very bad techno music when translated into morse code. Give it a go yourself using the text above.

RELATED ARTICLES