They Don't Want Your Black Ass

Sigh. Yet another black Republican writes lamenting the fact that her party has no interest in appealing to black people. Even before the candidacy of Obama, the GOP has made clear for several decades that it doesn't have any interest in attracting the votes of minorities, especially blacks. I don't know why black conservatives keep acting the fool, fooling themselves this way. I don't know that there's really any place for them in the Democratic party since most of us don't believe in cutting ourselves off at the knees, but they ought to quit pretending the GOP has an even remote interest in them.

For the near future the Republican party seems mostly interested in being a party for very conservative white males from the south. Whatever consistency of thought this maintains, it has already begun to manifest itself as a poor way to run a national party. I'm okay with that, but then I'm a Democrat.