Michelle Bachmann Denies Her Own Quote After It Is Read To Her

By Ben Cohen

Michelle Bachmann is a quintessential modern Republican - stupid, vicious and loud. She made headlines during the presidential campaign in a remarkably Maccarthyite diatribe against liberals and the media. She stated the following:

"The liberals that are Jeremiah Wright and that are Bill Ayers, they're
over-the-top anti-American. And that's the question that Americans
have. Remember, it was Michelle Obama who said she's only recently
proud of her country. And so these are very anti-American views."

Then later:

"What I would say -- what I would say is that the news media should do a
penetrating expose and take a look. I wish they would. I wish the
American media would take a great look at the views of the people in
Congress and find out, are they pro-America or anti-America? I think
people would love to see an expose like that."

Having swallowed some humble pie (her opponent during the Congressional race in Minnesota raised a considerable sum in response to the outrageous comments), Bachmann has been flat out denying she ever said anything. Amazingly, Bachmann denied saying she wanted the media to root out anti Americans when Alan Colmbes of Fox News read her back her own quote. Breath taking. Watch below: