Forbes (!?!) calls Paulson the "the worst treasury secretary we've had in modern times"

by Ari Rutenberg

Huh...I guess all the supply-siders aren't in lockstep on every issue. To hear the prophet of the free market (Forbes) call Paulson the "worst" is particularly jarring given that they are very much of a similar mind about economics. Except I guess Forbes actually believes in business plans and transparency as opposed to magic and intuition. These guys really suck at their jobs.

From CNN's Peter Lainer:

"Forbes magazine President and CEO Steve Forbes called Treasury

Secretary Henry Paulson “the worst treasury secretary we’ve had in

modern times”, citing, among other things, the government’s handling of

the housing crisis.

In an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Sunday, Forbes repeatedly
called on the treasury secretary to be more straightforward about the
money used to bail out mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

“Have Henry Paulson do at least one thing right, and that is, have
the government explicitly guarantee the debt of Fannie and Freddie,”
the financial mogul and former Republican presidential candidate said.""

Read the full article here