Family Research Council Living In Fantasy Island

From their most recent email blast:

In a surprise ambush yesterday, liberal House Democrats unseated longtime chairman Rep. John Dingell (D-Mich.) from his position on the Energy and Commerce Committee and replaced him with Rep. Harry Waxman (D-Calif.). Waxman's coup is alarming to many Democrats, who see the move as a rebuff to the seniority system and an indication that Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is veering their party 'off the cliff.'

Now, this sort of mealy-mouthed lecturing from the far right was already removed from reality pre-11/4/08, but it's downright delusional now. When Democrats and liberals were in the minority, we sought to figure out our own problems and how to communicate our ideas better - but this behavior of lecturing from the mount on high even when you've just been rebuked by a historic amount of voters seems to be part and parcel of the conservative ideology.

Rep. Waxman defeated Rep. Dingell because a majority of Democrats are following the voters intent to move a new direction on vital policies affecting the American people. In this case the people want to move away from the disastrous ideas and policies that groups like the FRC have help infect our government with because they don't work.

The good thing for people like me is that FRC could be whittled down to just Tony Perkins and he would still be lecturing us on how superior he and his knuckle dragging cohorts are. So prattle on, caveman.