Excelsior!

Stan Lee gets an award, and lucky for him it wasn't a No-Prize.

Stan Lee, who helped create hundreds of comic book superheroes, including 'Spider-Man,' and Olivia de Havilland, 92, who was nominated for an Academy Award in 1939 for her portrayal of Melanie Hamilton in 'Gone With the Wind,' were among the recipients of the National Medal of Arts and the National Humanities Medal at the White House yesterday.

'I wonder what took so long,' said Lee, 85, in an interview Sunday. 'Say 'He said it with a laugh' or I'll shoot you.'