DC Social Elites In A Flap About Obama Girls Schooling

By Ben Cohen

According to the New York Times, Social elites in Washington are busy gossiping about which fancy private school Barack Obama's children will be going to. In Britain (where I'm from), the prime minister would never send his children to a private school, as it would indicate a lack of faith in public education (something every politician must be seen to advocate). Obama has made a big deal about public education, and by sending his children to a private institution, it implies he does not believe in his own rhetoric. Maybe the Obamas will make an example out of their children, sending them to the same type of school the majority of the population has to go to. That would be change we could believe in.