Adrienne Bailon's Nude Photo "Leak" And Do People Really Believe This?

Adrienne BailonOh, come on. Does anyone actually believe this story? Attractive young Disney starlet just happens to have nude and semi-nude photos of herself on her laptop, and this laptop is stolen at the airport. And then the nude photos are held for ransom.

Really, is there anyone who actually believes this? The release of nude photos and sex tapes are part of the p.r. strategy for starlets nowadays, just like in the past studio heads would set up stars and starlets on “dates” then tell photographers where the couples would be “canoodling”. We live in a world where Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian are known to people beyond their families because of sex tapes that accidentally “leaked”.

COME ON.

A couple days ago nobody knew who Adrienne Bailon was unless you were a regular watcher of the Disney Channel and now? Brilliant.

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter:

  • Duros Hussein 62

    This is simply a well-trodden path to career transition for Disney starlets. They do the sweet and innocent thing until they start to age out of the roles they play and then some naughty pictures get circulated so they can establish their credibility as young adult actresses and move on.

    Feh.

    Pee Wee Herman did it first. And did it best.

  • C.S.Strowbridge

    “(embarrassingly, this also includes “Hannah Montana” and the “Twitches” movies)”

    I’ve reviewed both. In fact, I’m in the process of reviewed Hannah Montana – Season One right now, and I will be getting The Cheetah Girls – One World TV movie soon.

  • Jersey Tomato

    rjpb: She’s one of the Cheetah Girls (yes, my daughter has forced me to watch all three CG movies). This is simply a well-trodden path to career transition for Disney starlets. They do the sweet and innocent thing until they start to age out of the roles they play and then some naughty pictures get circulated so they can establish their credibility as young adult actresses and move on. I hope it works out for them. As much as it pains me to admit it, almost every young breakout Disney star or starlet has, in fact, been very talented.

  • rjpb

    My daughters have Disney Channel on about four hours a day – and I must sadly admit to a passing familiarity with most of the shows (embarrassingly, this also includes “Hannah Montana” and the “Twitches” movies) , but I do not recognize this apparent “starlet” – so pathetic stunt for attention would be my guess as well.

  • Syco

    I’d hit that.

  • Sean D. Martin

    CSS: Did we see the same pictures?

    Probably. But I was speaking in the general.

    You said there was nothing sexual about those pictures and contrasted them to how much skin she’d shown at the CMAs. I responded to your implication that it is the amount of skin one shows that determines how sexual something is with a general comment: “The degree to which a picture is “sexual”… “

  • C.S.Strowbridge

    “the same bare back displayed because the rest of her is (just) covered with a rumpled sheet as she lies splayed on a bed.”

    Splayed on a bed? Did we see the same pictures?

  • Sean D. Martin

    Qiab, :).

    Thanks. Needed that.

    (Not the mental image, mind you. But the laugh.)

  • Quaker in a Basement

    I don’t see what’s so unbelievable about Ms. Bailon’s story, Oliver. I mean, who doesn’t keep a few naked pictures of himself on the ol’ laptop, am I right people?

    People? Come on now, you can’t expect me to believe I’m the only…um…only…

    Hey! Obama! Is he great or what?

  • Sean D. Martin

    It’s not the same amount, it’s the same skin.

    Fair enough. But it still depends on how that particular patch of skin is displayed. A bare back on display because a woman is wearing a backless dress at a formal function vs only the same bare back displayed because the rest of her is (just) covered with a rumpled sheet as she lies splayed on a bed. Only the exact same skin shown, but considerably more sexual content in the latter.

  • C.S.Strowbridge

    “The degree to which a picture is “sexual” doesn’t directly correlate to the amount of skin shown, so that isn’t the best yardstick to go by.”

    It’s not the same amount, it’s the same skin.

  • BatGuano

    Sorry Oliver, here is the link to the pic (she’s got a really nice bootay!)

    http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2008/11/adrienne-bailon-nude-photo-revealed/

  • Sean D. Martin

    CSS: There was nothing sexual about those pictures. In fact, She showed more skin at the CMAs earlier that year.

    The degree to which a picture is “sexual” doesn’t directly correlate to the amount of skin shown, so that isn’t the best yardstick to go by.

  • http://bertrandrussell.blogspot.com PG

    There was nothing sexual about those pictures. In fact, She showed more skin at the CMAs earlier that year. (She wore a backless dress.) And since when is showing back so sexual? Perhaps my copy of the Karma Sutra is missing a few pages, but I never got that. The same goes with belly buttons.

    Exactly. Was anyone turned on by Miley Cyrus looking like a child vampire? There’s a reason why the Supreme Court has defined pornography not as “nudity” but as “stuff that tries to arouse.” Naked =/= sexy. In contrast, I thought the image used for the Rebelution’s “modesty survey” was provocative. We would have a better culture if we appreciated that sexiness has more to do with quality of attitude than quantity of skin.

  • jr

    Cenk from the Young Turks was ripping her over her ass tattoo

  • Enlightened Liberal

    You know what, I think I need to see the offending pictures before I can make a judgment.

  • Wilbur

    The dead giveaway is when they say that when they got the computer back the nude pictures ‘were missing’. Someone needs to tell her publicist that it’s not like stealing money from a wallet – the computer files aren’t gone when you copy them.

  • George W

    Since when do computer files go missing from a computer as if it were a briefcase? The thief must have been a real prude and wanted to protect the poor girl from herself if he expunged the files.

  • C.S.Strowbridge

    “Kind of like how Billy Ray Cyrus was shocked, SHOCKED! that the nasty photographer from Vanity Fair took such naughty pictures of Miley Cyrus.

    I realize I sound flip, as sexualizing people under 18 is a pretty disgusting…”

    There was nothing sexual about those pictures. In fact, She showed more skin at the CMAs earlier that year. (She wore a backless dress.) And since when is showing back so sexual? Perhaps my copy of the Karma Sutra is missing a few pages, but I never got that. The same goes with belly buttons.

    And by the way, this Disney star is 24 years old.

  • http://www.wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    Kind of like how Billy Ray Cyrus was shocked, SHOCKED! that the nasty photographer from Vanity Fair took such naughty pictures of Miley Cyrus.

    I realize I sound flip, as sexualizing people under 18 is a pretty disgusting thing to do, but it’s hard not to be jaded by people doing this for publicity and then crying foul.

  • http://www.thorswitch.com thorswitch

    I must be a bit out of touch because other than this article, I’ve not heard of her – but isn’t this like the third or fourth “Disney starlet” to be “embarrassed” by sexy &/or nude photos? It seems like that’s the career track for pretty young things these days: Build an audience on wholesome Disney shows, have “provocative” images “accidentally” get released, get lots of press & start getting more grown-up jobs.

  • http://www.wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

    Slutty Disney network stars are what make America great, IMO.