William F. Buckley's son voting for Obama

By Ben Cohen

The son of arch conservative William F. Buckley, Christopher Buckley has penned an article in 'The Daily Beast.com' (a new and rather good mega-blog) stating his support for Barack Obama. Aware that his father would be turning in his grave, Buckley titled the article 'Sorry Dad, I'm Voting For Obama'. Here's why:

This campaign has changed John McCain. It has made him inauthentic. A
once-first class temperament has become irascible and snarly; his
positions change, and lack coherence; he makes unrealistic promises,
such as balancing the federal budget “by the end of my first term.”
Who, really, believes that? Then there was the self-dramatizing and
feckless suspension of his campaign over the financial crisis. His
ninth-inning attack ads are mean-spirited and pointless. And finally,
not to belabor it, there was the Palin nomination. What on earth can he
have been thinking?