To Attack Obama, Little Green Footballs Defends Segregation

So, in this public radio interview that is now the right's lodestone for deciphering who Barack Obama "really" is (just think what this generation's Clinton Chronicles will be), Sen. Obama discusses this:

“...just to take a, sort of a realist perspective...there’s a lot of change going on outside of the Court, that judges essentially have to take judicial notice of. I mean you’ve got World War II, you’ve got the doctrines of Nazism that we are fighting against, that start looking uncomfortably similar to what we have going on, back here at home.”

How do the zealots at LGF handle this history 101 comparison of Sen. Obama between the racial segregation of that era and America's fight versus the Axis?

America is close to electing a President who compares his own country to Nazi Germany.

I really wish this were some sort of brilliant parody, but these morons believe what they write.

I love this country second to none, but we do a disservice to ourselves if we truly try to pretend as if for hundreds of years America wasn't a willing participant in the enslavement and subjugation of people. Particularly in the era Sen. Obama was discussing, America was part of the greatest liberation of all time, but we did so with a military segregated by race. We simply were not practicing what we preached.

The mental midgets of Little Green Footballs have gone so far in their defense of the indefensible that they would rather defend the concept of segregation - and maybe slavery too - in order for them to attack Sen. Obama.

Really.