The Wisdom Of Lorne Michaels

Conservatives are highlighting this recent statement from SNL creator/producer Lorne Michaels:

I think Palin will continue to be underestimated for a while. I watched the way she connected with people, and she's powerful. Her politics aren't my politics. But you can see that she's a very powerful, very disciplined, incredibly gracious woman. This was her first time out and she's had a huge impact. People connect to her. . . . I think she could have her own show, yeah.

Let's remember in addition to some outright success, Michaels was also the producer behind movies like

* The Ladies Man
* Superstar
* A Night At The Roxbury
* Coneheads
* Stuart Saves His Family

So lets not give him the Dionne Warwick Psychic Friends Seer Of The Year award just yet.