The McCain Campaign Doesn't Care About The Economy

This is why they're losing.

Asked on a just-ended conference call about his candidates' lack of daily campaign statements on the plummeting of global markets in recent days, McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said that too much focus on the stock market could be redundant if repeated every day.

'I don't know if you really want to turn a campaign into a CNBC news show on the stock market,' he said. 'I mean it doesn't mean that we don't care and aren't trying to do something about it. It's just I'm not exactly sure what you say everyday.'