Sarah Palin answers questions, thinks we're "at the halfway point"

by Ari Rutenberg

Sarah Palin's relationship with reality, not to mention the English language, is tenuous at best, and she seems to want to demonstrate both weaknesses at every opportunity.

She had just such an opportunity today when she held her first press availability.  It seems as though most of her answers were comprehensible.  However that doesn't mean they made sense.

She seems to think we're at the halfway point of the election.  If you look at the time from the conventions to the election I guess that's right.  However for the candidates (other than her), the media, and the public this has gone on for an interminable two years, during which we suffered the further indignities of having Bush as President and a useless Congress.  So there's no halfway here.  This is the bitter end.  Given the sleaze she's been throwing around, you'd figure she would know this negativity is their last, most desperate gamble and not a groundbreaking strategy.

Here are a few other choice quotes:

On Tina Fey: "I love her, she's a hoot and she's so talented. It
would be fun to meet her, imitate her, and keep on giving her new
material"

Ok...not too much wrong with that other than the last bit.  Palin
wants to continue to be completely incoherent in her interviews?  Who
does she really work for? If this is the best the Republicans can come
up with for 2012, they're in a lot of trouble.  It feels like she's
giving it to us with brilliance like that.

On Ayers: "It's relevant to connect that association he has with Ayers, not so
much he as a person Ayers, but the whole situation and the truthfulness
and the judgment there that you must question if again he's not being
forthright in all of his answers..."

Pressed on whether she was saying Obama was dishonest, Palin said no.

"But in terms of judgment, in terms of being able to answer a
question forthrightly, it has two different parts to it, that judgment
and that truthfulness"

Well, he actually has been honest about it.  However that's not even
the point.  If it's not about the person then why does she like to say
Obama hangs out with terrorists?  And what does she suspect he's done
with Ayres to be lying about?  And how can Palin say that at the same
time she is saying he's not dishonest...does the pit bull not realize
that we can remember that last thing she said?  And what's up with the
"that judgment, that truthfulness" crap?  Why 'that'?  Obama's judgment
is not in the room with her.  Why don't they like to use personal
pronouns (see McCain, That One)?
I can see how it might be malicious on McCain's part, but Plain has not
demonstrated the requisite level of proficiency in the English language
to indicate the ability to use such bizarre and uncomfortable
de-humanization techniques as referring to your (human) opponent as
"that."

Really, who does she work for?  Cause sometimes I think she's on the DNC payroll.