On My Order, Unleash Hell

Sen. Obama calls out McCain's attempt at a Jedi Mind Trick - "This is not the failed Republican economy you're looking for"

"Sen. McCain and his operatives are gambling that they can distract you with smears rather than talk to you about substance. They'd rather try to tear our campaign down than lift this country up," Obama said at an event in Asheville, North Carolina.

"That's what you do when you're out of touch, out of ideas, and running out of time,"
he said.

This year, Democrats are not in favor of disarming for the GOP.

Barack Obama's allies warn that John McCain's attacks on the Democrat's character will lead to the political equivalent of mutual assured destruction: fire your big weapon at your own peril.

Several Obama surrogates said his supporters may start reminding voters of McCain's ties to Charles Keating, a convicted savings and loan owner whose actions two decades ago triggered a Senate ethics investigation that involved McCain as one of the "Keating Five."

The McCain campaign is getting killed in fundraising. Killed. So what do they do? Call out the waaaahmbulance again.

A lawyer for the Republican National Committee today said the party will ask the Federal Election Commission to look into the source of thousands of small-dollar contributions to the presidential campaign of Sen. Barack Obama.

The Obama's campaign says please:

"Because of campaign finance issues, John McCain has had to return over $1.2 million to donors who potentially violated the law with their contributions. We look forward to a thorough investigation into whether John McCain's campaign has returned all of the money it raised from foreign nationals, as they have admitted McCain-bundler Harry Sergeant has done. Without accepting a dime from the Washington lobbyists or corporate PACs that have funded John McCain's campaign, our campaign has shattered fundraising records with donations from more than 2.5 million Americans.We have gone above and beyond the transparency requirements by disclosing our bundlers and the levels of contributions they raise. We constantly review our donors for any issues and while no organization is completely protected from internet fraud, we will continue to review our fundraising procedures to ensure that we are taking every available to step to root-out improper contributions," said Obama-Biden spokesman Bill Burton.

Remember that every time you donate to Obama-Biden it makes the wingnuts cry.

Chuck Todd made a good point about this erratic behavior from the McCain campaign on Meet The Press today. They may chalk up today as a win with all these antics (I don't, but let them have their moment) but it's the equivalent of one soldier having a good battle when three armies are landing at Normandy. They are losing the war.