Obama, You Have Permission To See Your Grandma

By Ben Cohen

I am a donor to Barack Obama's campaign. That means I 'own' a part of it. In response to GOP strategist Brad Blakeman's offensive diatribe about Obama spending campaign money on flying to see his dying Grandmother, I'd like to grant my permission for him to do so. Obama's mental health is of paramount importance in this election, and I'm willing to splash out on issues of family, and emotional importance. It shouldn't really be a question, but given Blakeman is bringing it up, it's worth spelling out.

Said Blakeman on MSNBC: "What the outrage is today is Barack Obama taking a 767 campaign plane to go visit Grandma."

"Forget about the energy that is wasted, what about the
hundreds of thousands of dollars to take a private trip when this guy
should be humping his bags on a commercial plane or taking a smaller
plane. Taking a 767 of campaign money from people who could least
afford it is more of an outrage in my opinion."

The real outrage is Blakeman's utter lack of empathy, compassion or decency. The Republicans must be unbelievably desperate to pull this one out of the bag.