McCain Supporter Attacked?

If this is true, it's pretty insane.

Police are investigating after a local woman working at a campaign call center says she was attacked by a suspect who became enraged after seeing a McCain bumper sticker on her car.

According to police, the 20-year-old woman said she was mugged at an ATM in the Bloomfield area around 9pm last night after leaving a Republican phone bank.

The woman told police that the suspect, described only as a dark-skinned African-American man about 6'4', stole $60 from her and became enraged after seeing a bumper sticker supporting Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain on her car.

Why do I have doubts? Well, there's a history. I'm not saying it isn't true, just that this sort of thing needs verification.

Obama campaign in PA sent out this statement:

This is a horrendous act of violence. Our thoughts and prayers are with the young woman for her to make a speedy recovery, and we hope that the person who perpetrated this crime is swiftly apprehended and brought to justice.

UPDATE: TMZ: "Politically Motivated" Mutilation - Real or Hoax?

ittsburgh law enforcement sources tell TMZ they have serious questions about the authenticity of the alleged victim who says she had her face cut by a politically-motivated attacker.

We're told there are several things about the alleged attack that don't add up. A Pittsburgh PD official says they are conducting a "thorough investigation" and have not determined if the alleged attack is real or a hoax. But we're told there is definitely a level of skepticism.

UPDATE2: Begins to stink more...

Police planned to administer a polygraph test to Ashley Todd, 20, because her statements about the attack conflict with evidence from the Citizens Bank ATM where she claims the incident occurred, police said.