McCain Fumes, Obama Still Cool

McCain predictably attacks Sen. Obama with another pile of nonsense. The Obama folks respond, on message:

“On a day when the markets are plunging and the credit crisis is putting millions of jobs at risk, the one truly angry candidate in this race kept up his strategy of ‘turning the page’ on the economy by unleashing another frustrated tirade against Barack Obama.

And if John McCain is wondering why he’s lost his credibility, he should look no further than the out-of-context quote he took from a 2007 speech in which Barack Obama warned of the subprime crisis we’re now facing. Since then, John McCain has called for less regulation no fewer than 20 times, proving that he hasn’t learned any lessons from the last banking scandal he was involved in and would give us more of the same failed economic policies as President,” said Obama campaign spokesman Tommy Vietor.

The McCain campaign is all about getting a dig in via the mainstream media - but there is no rhyme or reason to it. Much like Kerry in '04 or Sen. Clinton during the primaries, its not the sort of erratic behavior that wins elections, certainly not during times of crisis like we're in right now.

As I said before, I seriously doubt John McCain is going to have the balls to make these baseless smears to Barack Obama's face tomorrow night. And if he does do it, front of millions and a town hall audience, he'll add to the majority of voters now siding with Sen. Obama.

America's had enough of this trash.