McCain claims Obama supporters call him terrrorist too

By Ben Cohen

The age old tactic of straight face lying seems to be John McCain's primary method of campaigning. In an interview with CNN, McCain told Dana Bash that Obama supporters had called him a terrorist at some of his rallies. Via Crooks and Liars:

BASH: Now, whether or not, since I know you've heard
this during your rallies, since you have been talking about Ayers --
and your running mate has, also -- we've heard people in the crowd
screaming things like "Terrorist!," "Traitor!," when you talked about
Senator Obama -- and worse. When you hear that do you...

MCCAIN: I've heard the same thing, unfortunately, at Senator Obama's rallies being said about me.
There's always a fringe element that's in politics in America. The
overwhelming majority of the people that come to my rallies are good
and decent and patriotic Americans. And if they're worried about this
country's future, that's correct.

But to somehow -- to somehow intimate that of the thousands of
people -- 17,000 people were just with us in Virginia. And to somehow
intimate that the overwhelming majority of those people, with rare
exception, are somehow not good Americans or are motivated by anything
but the most patriotic motives, is insulting. And I won't accept that
insult.