Marcus Aurelius Tips For a Recession

By Ben Cohen

What would the great Roman Emperor and Philosopher (and co-star in 'Gladiator) advise during an economic crisis like the current one? Here are 6 relevant tips:

http://dailydish.typepad.com/the_daily_dish/images/marcusaurelius.jpg

1. “Everything is unfolding as it must, and if you observe carefully, you will find this to be so.”

2. “Receive wealth or prosperity without arrogance; and be ready to let it go.”

3. "Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its
current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and
another takes its place, and this too will be swept away.”

4. "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

5. "Each thing is of like form from everlasting and comes round again in its cycle."

6. "Here is the rule to remember in the future, When
anything tempts you to be bitter: not, ''This is a misfortune'' but
''To bear this worthily is good fortune."