Denial

John McCain is now faced with a campaign consistently lagging behind Sen. Obama. While it is still possible for the polls to tighten as we get closer to election day, he hasn't led in a single major poll since near the end of September. Even in the polls that have the most favorable turnout models (the IBD/Tipp poll, for one), he has not had the lead. And anyone who thinks that Democratic/Republican turnout is going to mirror 2004 is in a dream world.

And yet, McCain has the nerve to say that the polls are all over the place.

Look, I don't expect him to say "I and my campaign suck eggs." But come on.