Banter on the Banter

A reader writes in on Andrew Sullivan Hasn't Read Adam Smith:

Let's not forget he was also in
favor of universal higher education. I read Wealth of Nations this
summer, and my eyes bugged when I came across passages like "It is but
equity..." or the sections about how borders distort market prices
(using the example of English peasants who were restricted from moving
between counties). Adam Smith argued that restricting the movement of
people distorted a market like restricting the movement of goods. Too
bad, the Neoliberals (as well as people like Sullivan) don't understand
a damn thing he wrote.