Americans in London - Hilarious!!!

By Ben Cohen

I'm a Brit living in the U.S, and absolutely love it here. I'm no fan of the U.S government (in its current form anyway), but find American people to be wonderful. There is a dynamism to American culture that exists nowhere else in the world, and a sense of optimism that is completely unique. There are obviously some aspects I find annoying (it's aluminium not aluminum), and some I find truly funny. Americans abroad are perhaps the most hilarious examples of U.S culture - wide eyed, out of place and super friendly. British people have a hard time understanding why Americans are so excitable (as they are a miserable bunch of gits on the best of days), but our comedians do a brilliant job of impersonating them. Here's a clip from a brilliant show 'Harry and Paul' featuring Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse: