2nd Presidential Debate

By Peter Bauer
Contributing Editor

Here are a few closing thoughts about the debate tonight (in no real order).

1.  John McCain said "My Friend" 247 times.
2.  When asked if Russia was an Evil Empire (yes or no), John McCain said "maybe."
3.  Obama references Kennedy only slightly less than often than McCain name drops Reagan.
4.  McCain changed the wording from "Bailout" to "Rescue" regarding The Wall Street bill.
5.  The town hall formate made McCain look like Cotton from King of the Hill.
6.  War with Iran is still on the table for Obama.
7.  When asked to put priorities in order, McCain said we should work on all of them at once while Obama put them in order.
8.  Obama continues to frame the energy independence issue as one of national security.
9.  McCain once again said Obama "didn't understand" to which Obama retorted that he didn't understand how McCain could support invading a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.
10.  McCain's joke that he might someday need hair plugs drew zero laughs.
11.  "What don't you know, and how will you learn it?" is a lame, circular question with no real answer.

We're less than a month away from election day.  Vote, dammit!