Sarah Palin's Personal Pork

When you set yourself up as the maverickest maverick of ethics, you better hope you are squeaky clean. Along with her lies about the bridge to nowhere, looks like Palin took money from Alaskans she didn't need.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a 'per diem' allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.

The governor also has charged the state for travel expenses to take her children on official out-of-town missions. And her husband, Todd, has billed the state for expenses and a daily allowance for trips he makes on official business for his wife.

Of course, this is the more of the same behavior we have seen from the same party as Ted Stevens, Don Young, and other Republican miscreants.

Oh I forgot: Shame on the Washington Post for being biased, mean, and sexist for actually vetting Sarah Palin instead of relying on the McCain campaign to just write the story for you. Naughty!

UPDATE: Apparently we now need to add the Rupert Murdoch owned Wall Street Journal to the Liberal Media listserv. Or McCain/Palin lies too much for even the WSJ to ignore.