Sarah Palin, Secessionist?

That's not exactly "country first", is it?

Officials of the Alaskan Independence Party say that Palin was once so independent, she was once a member of their party, which since the 1970s has been pushing for a legal vote for Alaskans to decide whether or not residents of the 49th state can secede from the United States.

And while McCain's motto -- as seen in a new TV ad -- is 'Country First,' the AIP's motto is the exact opposite -- 'Alaska First -- Alaska Always.'

Here is video of Sarah Palin addressing the pro-secessionist Alaskan Independence Party at their convention:

UPDATE: Here's what the founder of the Alaska Independence Party said:

"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions."

And Sarah Palin signed up.