Sarah Palin Fails The Bush Doctrine Test

Perhaps if she had done a Google before the interview she would have known the answer.

Granted, the Bush doctrine is bunk, but as someone running for the vice presidency I would guess someone should know what the heck it is. "Hockey mom" with "executive experience" or no.

Joe Biden is the vice presidential candidate, who, ya know, knows stuff.

The famous biologist T.H. Huxley once said, "the great tragedy of science -- the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.” That “beautiful hypothesis” is the Bush Doctrine, which has governed our national security and foreign policies since 9/11.

It has three core principles. First, the best way to protect America is to strike an enemy with military force before it strikes us, while striking fear into the hearts of other potential adversaries. Second, because military might is our single most important tool, we should marginalize anything that could get in the way of using it -- like allies and international organizations. Third, democratizing the greater Middle East is the path to long term security.

“Ugly facts” have demolished the “beautiful hypothesis” of the Bush Doctrine, on its own terms.

When the phone is ringing at 3 a.m. ...