Right Wing Blogs: Obama Is Pulling Out Of Virginia! Reality: Um, No.

Soren Dayton of The Next Right (same as TheOldRight, just with computers!) pulls some "analysis" out of his butt and decided that Sen. Obama was pulling out of Virginia based on an email looking for people to come to Pennsylvania to volunteer.

But then we Marylanders got an email today. And seeing as how Virginia is right over there, it's asking us to... wait for it... come to Virginia for Barack Obama.

Dear Oliver,

My name is Sheila O'Connell, and I'm the Maryland State Director for Obama for America.

As you know, we live right next door to a state that is shaping up to be a crucial general election battleground in a way that it hasn't been for decades -- Virginia. And Barack supporters here in Maryland have an opportunity to help a Democratic presidential candidate succeed there for the first time in more than 40 years.

But now that there are just seven weeks left until November 4th, it's going to be a sprint to Election Day.

And our neighbors in Virginia are going to be counting on us to help put Barack over the top.

That's why this weekend and every weekend until Election Day, we're organizing teams of supporters to travel to Virginia with our Drive for Change weekend canvass.

Sign up to attend a Drive for Change canvass this weekend and make a big impact in Virginia.

In just the last three months, supporters like you have led an unprecedented voter registration drive that has helped more than 110,000 Virginians register to vote.

It's a remarkable accomplishment, and it will go a long way towards helping Barack succeed there. But time is running out before Virginia's voter registration deadline on Monday, October 6th.

That's why one of the most significant things you can do right now is take a short trip to Virginia to register people to vote, talk to undecided voters about Barack, and help grow this movement for change.

No experience is required. Staff members will provide you with everything you need, every step of the way.

Sign up and take a short trip to make a big difference:

http://md.barackobama.com/CometoVA

We can't do this without you.

Thanks,

Sheila

Sheila O'Connell
Maryland State Director
Obama for America

Using my abacus I have figured out that this is all very good... for John McCain, natch.