Peter D Speaks the Truth!

By Peter Bauer

I'm proud to say that Rep. Peter DeFazio is from my hometown!  He is so hugely supported that no one ever  comes close to taking him out during election seasons.  Even the Republicans in our district love him because of his no-nonsense, populist appeal.

In addition to being the Chair of the House Transportation Committee, he's also the co-chair of the House Small Brewers Caucus.  (Portland, Oregon has more breweries per-capita than anywhere else on Earth)!

Here is  DeFazio warning Congress not to rush into the $700 billion bailout for Wall Street.  My favorite part of this speech is when he says, "These people are out of control, they don't understand the real world...for them to pretend they care about the mainstream is a bunch of BS!"