MSNBC Caves In To Right Wing Bellyaching Again

The reason MSNBC has fallen to third place every time they get a little head of steam is when they pull moves like this.

After months of accusations of political bias and simmering animosity between MSNBC and its parent network NBC, the channel decided over the weekend that the NBC News correspondent and MSNBC host David Gregory would anchor news coverage of the coming debates and election night. Mr. Olbermann and Mr. Matthews will remain as analysts during the coverage.

You will remember David Gregory as the man who thinks the media did a great job in the run-up to the Iraq war and thinks anyone who asserts otherwise is silly. If I want that sort of propaganda, why wouldn't I just go right to the source and watch Fox?

I would say well, we've still got Olbermann and Maddow on there, but MSNBC has a habit of canceling programs with even a bit of a liberal tilt no matter how strong the ratings trend, so its just hoping at this point. On TV, you are simply not allowed to stray from the Republican line (especially when you work for a corporation like GE) or else you get burned.