More confusion over debate

By Ben Cohen

It looks like a few others in the media were confused about the debate between Obama and McCain. On our live blog, we thought McCain came out on top, only to find most of the media scoring it for Obama. From Michael Tomasky in the Guardian:

I admit it. I've never been quite this confused about a debate
in a long time. I think this may be one of those cases where the
post-debate debate, the next 48 to 72 hours, is far more crucial than
usual.

As I watched, my impressions ran exactly counter to
conventional wisdom. While they were talking about the economy, I
thought John McCain did fine on what was ostensibly Barack Obama's
terrain. I felt Obama missed several opportunities in that segment,
roughly the first 40 of the debate's 96 minutes. Obama let the
conversation dwell for too long on earmarks.