Moderate Dems & Republicans Team Up Vs. Right-Wingers

Right here in Maryland

Maryland Rep. Wayne T. Gilchrest , a nine-term centrist unseated in this year’s Republican primary, this morning endorsed county prosecutor Frank Kratovil Jr. — the Democratic nominee — to succeed him. In doing so, Gilchrest broke formally with the campaign of Republican state Sen. Andy Harris, the strongly conservative candidate who ousted him in the Feb. 12 contest.

‘For the 18 years I have been honored to represent the 1st District in Congress, I have always tried to make decisions based on principle rather than partisanship or politics,’ Gilchrest said in his prepared remarks at the beginning of a conference call with reporters from the state capital of Annapolis.

He continued, ‘This decision is no different. I admire Frank’s integrity and independence. He will continue the moderate tradition of Maryland’s Eastern Shore.’"

Awesome. Kratovil has a new ad with Gilchrest's endorsement.