McCain Epic Fail

Like Bush in Iraq, John McCain declared victory before the war was over.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and his top aides took credit for building a winning bailout coalition – hours before the vote failed and stocks tanked.

The rush to claim he had engineered a victory now looks like a strategic blunder that will prolong the McCain’s campaign’s difficulty in finding a winning message on the economy.

Shortly before the vote, McCain had bragged about his involvement and mocked Sen. Barack Obama for staying on the sidelines.

Perhaps McCain will suspend his campaign again. Permanently. Or we'll just do it for him in a month.