Matt Taibbi on Sarah Palin

By Ben Cohen

I've been looking forward to Matt Taibbi's take on Sarah Palin. I wasn't disappointed:

Sarah Palin is a symbol of everything that is wrong with the modern
United States. As a representative of our political system, she's a new
low in reptilian villainy, the ultimate cynical masterwork of
puppeteers like Karl Rove. But more than that, she is a horrifying
symbol of how little we ask for in return for the total surrender of
our political power.

Not only is Sarah Palin a fraud, she's the
tawdriest, most half-assed fraud imaginable, 20 floors below the lowest
common denominator, a character too dumb even for daytime TV -and this
country is going to eat her up, cheering her every step of the way. All
because most Americans no longer have the energy to do anything but lie
back and allow ourselves to be jacked off by the calculating thieves
who run this grasping consumer paradise we call a nation.